The wonderful Shiny New Coin has given me a Beautiful Blogger award. It’s my first internet award and I’m pretty chuffed:
Apparently now I have to tell you seven things about me. I feel a little sheepish doing this so soon after my last ‘so, let’s get everyone talking about themselves’ effort (which was fabulous, by the way, so thanks again).
1. I’m a pretty good tap dancer. For a beginner.
2. I rarely take things personally. If someone doesn’t like me, that’s their problem. Sometimes I wonder if this makes me seem arrogant, but then I think, well, if they think I’m arrogant, that’s – you guessed it – their problem.
3. I was almost arrested in France trying to hotwire a car while nude. Not sure which bit I’m most proud of, and which bit would have caused me the most trouble.
4. I was vegetarian for 14 years, but now I’m part of something awesome called Meat Club, where we make our own sausages and slow roast things all day. When it gets cooler we’ll make salami and prosciutto.
5. I wish I was more of a nerd. I’m a colossal dork (at work today I was even called a dork for wearing my primary school library prefect badge), but my memory for things I’ve read is shit. Great memory for faces though. I highly recommend watching a movie with me so I can tell you about the other movies the extras have been in.
6. I went to Uzbekistan a week after September 11. I was going anyway, and figured the US would eventually work out that the stan they wanted to drop bombs on wasn’t the one I was in.
7. When I look at ManFriend my heart swells with all the love I have for him, and it makes all my shitty exes worthwhile if it meant I ended up here.
Oh, and you guys have to tell me something about you. (This means you, Anna.)