It’s the strangest thing: I haven’t blogged in a week because nothing has annoyed me.
* It was the greatest long weekend ever, with four days plus an extra hour.
* It was cool enough to take a jacket with me to a good friend’s birthday drinks on Sunday night.
* The Sun Herald‘s Sunday Life wasn’t filled with tripe (no offence to tripe) – Emily Maguire wrote a great piece on why the media and the public just love kicking a woman when she’s down, and Mia Freedman‘s piece on why she doesn’t like raunch culture but she’s not against it summed up how I feel about it too.
* Despite the Sun Herald calling Dr Melissa Gregg ‘Ms Gregg’ and Monday’s SMH calling a police officer ‘Ms’ instead of using her rank, I’m willing to let those go since they would have been on skeleton staff over the long weekend.
* I deliberately didn’t watch Tony Abbott on Q&A on Monday because there’s only so much misogynistic-climate-change-denialist-Christiany lecturing a girl can take.
What’s going on?
Midday update: Ok, now I’m annoyed. Check out some of the pathetic comments on this story: Budget talk: bosses could be forced to act on women’s pay:
John Boy of Sydney Posted at 8:45 AM Today
Enough of this feminist BS being driven by sections of the media. It is woman creating an issue that isnt there. I have never worked in an area where women have been paid less than men and quite the opposite is occuring with more women promoted in the name of equality.
Toxic Debt of Sydney Posted at 8:46 AM Today
Another reason why this country is going down the sh*thole. Women don’t deserve the same pay. They don’t work as hard, are not as committed, leave earlier and chat longer. If anything they deserve Less than what they currently get.just sayin Posted at 9:01 AM Today
And my personal favourite:
mick johnson of brisbane Posted at 11:10 AM Today
personally i never hire females…they take more sickies, are always pregnant and want time off continually for ridiculous stuff: sick child, boyfriend issues, dog dying, got a cold, period pain etc etc etc………..id employ a good man any day over almost any female…call it sexist i dont care, ive proven the above many times over the years.. im in the business of making money not being a slack operator or charity… i only employ workers worth their salt for top money. mind you there are some pretty soft blokes around also but on the whole female staff are more unreliable. mick.
Misogyny is alive and well in Australia, and perfectly acceptable on news websites.