Some points on NSW transport minister David Campbell having to quit because he went to a place gay men go to have sex.
* David Campbell never campaigned on family values, so it’s none of our damn business.
* Ministers are allowed to use their government cars for personal use.
* He didn’t pay anyone for sex. It wasn’t a brothel.
* Channel 7 journo Adam Walters who produced this mean-spirited gutter journalism might want to consider the ethical dilemma he has created for himself – using personal information he would have found out while being media adviser for former Premier Morris Iemma to ruin someone’s career and personal life, for a grubby little story.
* The Sydney Morning Herald is claiming a holier-than-thou position by saying Channel 7 did the wrong thing, yet at the same time splashing the story all over their front page and website. At least News Ltd sites aren’t trying to pretend they’re morally superior.
* Ditto Herald journo Andrew West, who was on the radio this morning banging on about Channel 7 being the lowest of the low. Dude, people in glass houses shouldn’t get undressed with the lights on.