We’ve got the painters in (cue smutty giggling). The owners are selling our home so they’re slapping on a coat of paint in the hope that some sucker will buy it without realising that it has a mould problem. And rotting floorboards. And when it rains the gutters funnel the water into the house. Anyway, the painters were in today (giggle) so I had to occupy myself outside of the house (that also sounds smutty).
This is what I noticed/thought about between journal articles in assorted cafes:
* When I had short hair, people assumed I was gay. When it grew a bit longer, men just stared at my boobs. Now that my hair is shoulder-length, men look at my face. After looking at my boobs. And then back to my boobs. (Not all men, of course. Just the kind who stares at boobs. I work with a few of them.)
* I’m not surprised that there are trends in pubic hair, but I am surprised that it only extends to removal. Why not colours? And don’t tell me it’s because no one wants dye that close to their sensitive bits – I’ve had my eyelashes tinted and it fucking stings.
* Expensive handbags are really fucking ugly. I’m looking at you, Gucci and Prada.
* Cons are now $90 a pair. That’s outrageous. I bought a pair of fake cons from Kmart. They’re identical and no doubt made in the same factory. They were $9 a pair. And not on sale. That is obscene on three counts: the mark-up of the official pair; that the price of cons has doubled since the 90s; and that if Kmart can sell a pair of sneakers at full price for $9, it shows how little the people who make them are paid.
* There’s something funny and endearing about a beefy boxer having a mani-pedi. He didn’t get colours though, just a shape and buff.
Oh, and this is hilarious: