I’m back! Turns out I couldn’t stay away. (That, and being ordered to by K, who had to help me finish a glass of sangria last night – the worst glass of sangria in the world, seemed to be half a glass of brandy with some orange bits and a splash of nasty wine. I took it back and the woman behind the bar topped it up with more nasty wine and Cointreau. It tasted slightly less horrible, but was certainly not the refreshing drink I was expecting. Where was the fruitiness? Made me quite pissy though.)
Anyway, I notice that no one added their stick figures to my last post. Harumph. Don’t you enjoy drawing stick figures as much as I do?
This is what I’ve learned over the last week:
* Mouldy underlay makes carpet smell like really really bad foot odour. And ripping up that carpet and sanding the concrete floor underneath is a sweaty but satisfying job.
* A concrete floor is a little hard on the feet.
* ManFriend, who normally has a wonderful sense of fun when it comes to the stuff in our home (there are fabulous fake grapes above the bathroom window at the moment), has pooh-poohed my awesome suggestion of an Elvis rug in the living room. That’s almost grounds for divorce, I reckon.
* I never again want to scrub walls for nine hours. I almost cried from the pain in my elbow – and that was after three pain tablets.
* We haven’t had tv reception or the internet for a week, and it’s only the latter that I miss.
* That when journalists are outraged on my behalf, they look like the biggest hypocrites. The husband of a politician buying a single pill is front page news? If you believe that the majority of journos don’t enjoy the odd pill now and then, then I’ve got a hymen that hasn’t been broken.
What have you learned in the last week?