I’ve been given a Stylish Blogger Award by the lovely meganwegan at Craft is the New Black. (I hear she’s an incorrigible flirt, even though she can’t wink.)
1. When I walk past dog shit I have to close my mouth and breathe out forcefully though my nose, so that I don’t get any of the poo air inside me.
2. Even if it’s stinking hot, I’m just not a bare leg kind of person.
3. I’d love to live beside Lake Baikal in Siberia for one year and take a photo of the lake at the same time every day.
4. When my mum gave me the period talk, I thought she was talking about bowel cancer. We were in the doctor’s waiting room for some reason and there was a poster on the wall with a picture of a toilet and the words ‘if you see blood in here, talk to your doctor’. My mum said something like, “if you see blood in your pants or in the toilet, let me know”. And that was the period talk. For years I worried that I was going to get bowel cancer.
5. I love voting. I love numbering every single box, but I think there should be a few words under each party and independent summing up their platform. How do we know what they want to do? A list of names has no place in a democracy.
6. I’m really lazy about getting my legs waxed, but considering point 2, it doesn’t really matter.
7. There are so many things I want to blog about, but I can’t because the company I work for two days a week has a really restrictive social media policy.
Over to you. Share your seven, or comment on mine, or comment on someone else’s seven. Floor is yours.