Sorry about the erratic posts over the last week – I’ve been focussed on uni and the renovation. The flat is all packed up, we’ve moved out, and today is DEMOLITION DAY! (Actually, this morning was demolition morning – I bumped into the guy from upstairs earlier today and he said they started at 7am. Ouch. And sorry neighbours.)
I forgot to take a photo of the kitchen. Oh well, it won’t be missed. The building is the classic orange brick, three-storey walk-up, with vermiculite ceilings that some idiot in the 1970s thought would be a good idea. A grey ceiling is like a storm cloud over your head. The kitchen is pokey, with no bench space, grey walls, cream-ish cupboards and a sink that’s too far back from the edge of the bench so you get a sore back when you wash up. Cheery, huh? Here’s a photo of the bathroom, to give you an idea of the very classy interior. The toilet is ridiculously low so when you’re wearing heels, there’s a moment there where you are sure you’re about to sit on the floor.
Oh, and we’re going with the peacock colour in that link for the laundry bench. Sadly, no moustaches. Yet.
Choosing tiles is driving me mad. There are way too many products but not a lot of choice. They all look the same to me and there are way too many ugly coffee shades. Why are they so popular?
Anyway, we’ve still got a few things to sort out. So, here’s my wishlist – if you can help out with details, I’ll be your best friend:
* An electric blue bathroom floor. Because the Bathroom of Fabulousness requires an electric blue floor. Obviously. Would it be made out of resin, and does anyone have any experience with a resin floor?
* How do you feel about coloured grout with white subway tiles in the bathroom? I think it might be too busy in a small bathroom. (Bottom image here)
* Tile or glass splashback?
* Where can I get bamboo-print wallpaper? The 1950s style print. We’ve found some that are close, but not quite right.
* These taps. Oh, how I long for them.