Stupidgirl at Generationwhynot sent me one of these blog chain things. I like them. Sure, they’re a little daggy, but I get to tell you 10 things I love and you get to tell me 10 things you love. Or five. Or none. De-lurkers are always welcome, of course.
So, 10 things I love, in no particular order:
1. Live music. The last three gigs were Graveyard Train (country horror) and Mikelangelo and the Tin Star (gypsy surf rock) and Star Wars Burlesque (not technically live music). I’m sure I’ve mentioned this here before, but I have tinnitus from seeing so much live music. I’m ok with that.
2. Avocado on rye toast. It’s perfect.
3. Winter. I must be mad living in Sydney, because I hate the heat and love the cold. Boots, jackets, scarves, gloves, brightly-coloured tights, cups of tea on rainy days, seeing puffs of my breath – bring it on!
4. The news. Even when the reporting is average and even when I want to throw things at Tony Abbott on the screen, I still want to know what’s happening in the world.
5. Emotion surges. I’m not sure how else to describe them, but sometimes I’m hit with a wave of emotion for no particular reason. I burst into laughter, grinning like a madwoman, or gasp at an exquisite sadness in my heart. They’re fleeting, gone in a second, but always make me marvel at the things our bodies can do.
6. Ski D’Lite yoghurt. I know, I know, it goes against all my food and spelling wankery, but it’s full of sugar and so tasty. I used to eat 2kg of the stuff each week. And I got fat. It is now called The Forbidden Yoghurt.
7. Wine and cheese with McDonkey and Lexy. I feel honoured to have these two wonderful, amazing women in my life.
8. Overseas holidays. There is still so much to see, and so many places I want to go back to.
9. Laughter. It’s one of the world’s most perfect sounds. The other is a bottle of wine opening. See point 7.
10. ManFriend. And not just because he laughs at my bad jokes first thing in the morning.